Monday, October 15, 2012

protein packed

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Monday Morning

Food: low-fat plain yogurt with chia seeds, small piece of challah bread with chunky organic peanut butter, tall glass of plain coconut water
Body: a 20-minute walk before the rains hit
Mind: playing word games on the train; a 15-minute call with mom
 
I had to travel for work today, so I knew it was the type of day I wanted to start off with a lot of protein and hydration.  Enter this delicious breakfast: yogurt (8 grams of protein), chia seeds (3 grams of protein), peanut butter (7 grams of protein), and challah bread (4 grams of protein), plus a large glass of organic coconut water, my miracle hydrator.  I wish I had added a piece of fruit, but for what it was, it was a fulfilling start to the morning!
 
Nutritional Highlights: 22 grams of protein, 7 grams of fiber, 50% daily value of calcium, 20% daily value potassium, 15 daily value magnesium



No comments:

Post a Comment