Sunday, October 28, 2012

fresh bread

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Sunday Afternoon

Food: fresh bread, apple slices, chunky organic peanut butter
Body: a 15-minute walk around the Hell's Kitchen Flea Market
Mind: having a moment to drink a cup of tea and do nothing else

In the middle of the afternoon, after running around to five different stores to find a flashlight (and failing), I was famished.  It was too close to dinnertime to have a full on meal, so I opted for this delicious snack.  I had two slices of a brioche loaf that I bought from Sullivan Street Bakery, and it was perfection; it's the type of bread that makes you want to go out of your way just to pick up a fresh loaf.  Add in a sliced apple from the farmer's market and a dollop of chunky peanut butter, and I was certainly not hungry when I finished!

Nutritional Highlights: 6 grams of fiber; 10% daily value vitamin A; 6 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment