Saturday, October 6, 2012

new vegan restaurants and old friends

© lesliedurso.com
 

Saturday Night

Food: Mushroom Lentil Ravioli: house-made ravioli filled with chickpeas, lentils, smoked eggplant, in a shiitake-tahini cream sauce, topped with herbed greens.
Body: Four hour walk around upper Manhattan and Central Park, in the beautiful early-fall weather.
Mind: Vintage clothes shopping with my cousin
After four hours of wandering the beautiful Central Park, I met up with a friend of mine I hadn't seen in 3 years.  Carolina and I had gone to college together, but had known each other since we were young teens.  She's lived in the Upper East Side for a few months now, and suggested we meet up at a highly-recommended vegan restaurant, V-Note.  After enjoying a glass of organic red wine, we ended up ordering the same meal: the delicious, mushroom-lentil ravioli.  High in protein, and a solid source of iron thanks to the chickpeas (yay, iron for vegans!), it was delicious and satisfying.  It was the type of dish that always leaves me wondering what ever made me think I needed meat to feel satiated after a meal...

Nutritional Highlights: approximately 20 grams of protein; 20% daily value vitamin C 

No comments:

Post a Comment