Friday, October 12, 2012

arugula and cheddar

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Friday Afternoon

Food: whole-grain demi-baguette with Vermont cheddar, arugula, and peach jam
Body: a 35-minute walk around Brooklyn
Mind: getting a complimentary email about a project I managed

For lunch, I was craving something savory and miraculously had the perfect place recommended to me.  Brooklyn Victory Garden makes decadent sandwiches with locally-sourced ingredients.  Following the bread trend from breakfast, I opted for this veggie-and-cheese mix. And I'm so glad I did.  It was the perfect blend of bitter arugula, sweet peach jam, and savory cheddar.  Paired with a clean cup of green tea, it was an easy $5... I'll take this over the famous Subway foot-long any day!

Nutritional Highlights: 15% vitamin A in the arugula; 4 grams of fiber in the bread; 8 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment