Tuesday, October 30, 2012

hurricane food

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Tuesday Night

Food: whole grain protein+ pasta with sauteed zucchini and parmesan cheese
Body: walking one block in the rain and wind - was all I could manage!
Mind: catching up on my "movies to watch" list

Hurricane Sandy has officially tackled New York City, and it's meant power outages, closed supermarkets, and limitations on leaving the apartment.  I am incredibly blessed that I am well, and that my family and friends are all safe.  It's been a bit too hectic, rainy, and windy outside to leave the apartment just yet, so I opted for a dinner I could make with what I already had in the house: pasta, zucchini, and parmesan.  Grateful to have a healthy meal, and praying for those who still need power, food, water, and shelter.

 Nutritional Highlights: 14 grams of protein; 15% daily value calcium; 35% vitamin C; 8 grams of fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment