Thursday, October 25, 2012

chopped Mediterranean

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Thursday Afternoon

Food: chopped Mediterranean salad with romaine, red cabbage, grape tomatoes, chickpeas, avocado, and other veggies
Body: a 45-minute walk around Manhattan
Mind: reading a new book on the train


I took a personal day today because I'm moving into a new apartment.  After the mayhem of carrying suitcases and scheduling my movers, I needed a majorly healthy lunch, before hopping on a 4-hour train to see my parents.  Enter this delightful chopped salad, from 44 & X, a trendy, bright, and healthy restaurant only a 10 minute walk from my apartment. The texture was perfect, and I loved the light pesto dressing around the side.  It was that perfect "won't leave me feeling blah" meal before a long train ride.

Nutritional Highlights: 12 grams of protein; 120% daily value vitamin A; 100% daily value vitamin C; 9 grams of fiber

No comments:

Post a Comment