Sunday, October 21, 2012

colorful salad

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Saturday and Sunday afternoons

Food: organic mixed greens salad with artichoke hearts, radishes, chickpeas, corn, olives, red cabbage, and seared tuna
Body: a 2 hour walk around Central Park and midtown with my boyfriend's mom and sister
Mind: watching Phantom of the Opera for the first time with my petite and adorable grandmother

It has been so many days since I've posted!  The end of this week, and this weekend, has been a jam-packed whirlwind.  But I've managed to adhere to my health goals despite no posts!  Yesterday, my wonderful grandmother took the train into New York to meet my cousin and me for lunch.  We went to Brasserie Ruhlmann and ate at their outdoor, less-expensive venue right by Rockefeller Center.  I ordered this organic salad topped with my first fish in weeks (their purely vegetarian options were limited).  It was fresh and the perfect pre-show meal, as my grandmother and I made our way to a beautiful performance of Phantom of the Opera.  Today, I met up with my boyfriend's mother and sister for some Asian cuisine.  I opted for a noodle soup with tofu and tons of vegetables, after which we spent two hours walking around Central Park - lovely, but I'm a bit wiped!  I have a major presentation at work tomorrow so it's off to bed for me!  Hope you all had healthy weekends! :)

Nutritional Highlights: 50% daily value vitamin A; 60% daily value vitamin C; 35% daily value fiber; 27 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment