Sunday, October 28, 2012

pasta alla pescatarian

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Sunday Afternoon

Food: whole-grain protein+ pasta with spinach and smoked salmon
Body: a 45-minute pre-lunch walk around midtown
Mind: a phone call with my adorable nana

As we prepare for Hurricane Sandy that is soon to hit New York, I decided I wanted to fuel my body with some extra protein before we potentially lose power (and the option of eating foods like yogurt, cooked tofu, and heated-up soup!).  I opted for Barilla protein+ pasta with smoked salmon and steamed spinach, which I purchased a farmer's market yesterday.  It was delicious and helped me power through hurricane preparations!

Nutritional Highlights: 34 grams of protein; 30% daily value vitamin A; 15% daily value vitamin C; 100% daily value vitamin K

No comments:

Post a Comment