Monday, November 5, 2012

side-by-side roasts

 
TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Monday Night

Food: two roasted vegetable dishes: (1) roasted cauliflower with lemon juice, garlic, and gruyere cheese, (2) roasted carrots and redskin potatoes with lemon juice and parsley
Body: an hour-long walk to work (one of the very few perks of the subway being down)
Mind: cooking while listening to hits from the 90's

Today was one of those low days where I had a moment of weakness and stress-ate Sour Patch Kids.  Combining that with an unproductive afternoon, I left work feeling less than my best.  So when I got home, I knew I wanted a dinner full of nutrients, fiber, and flavor.  I found two great recipes and decided to make them both!  I used this Roasted Cauliflower recipe, but opted for Gruyere over Parmesan.  Then, I took a note from this easy Carrot, Potatoes & Parsley recipe and cooked the two at 400 degrees side by side for about 30 minutes (add the Gruyere to the cauliflower in the last 5 minutes of roasting to get that decadent melty affect).  Serve with a whole grain roll and you're in for a successful dinner!

Nutritional Highlights: 210% daily value vitamin A; 105% daily value vitamin C; 12 grams of fiber; 15% daily value iron; 35% daily value calcium; 9 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment