Wednesday, November 14, 2012

light lunch

 
(C) TaraBeth - healthy.every.day - NYC

Wednesday Afternoon

Food: spring green salad with Israeli couscous, mozzarella cheese, quartered artichoke hearts marinated in herbs and olive oil
Body: 20 minute of walking
Mind: letting my mind wander on long train ride

I had a long day of traveling and meetings, and knew there would be no time to break for lunch.  I needed an option that I didn't need to heat up and that would leave me feeling light and alert during my conversations with colleagues.  I mixed up some leftover couscous from dinner with spring greens, mozzarella, and quartered artichoke hearts.  Instead of dressing, I buy artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil and herbs - perfect light addition to a protein-packet salad!

Nutritional Highlights: 120% vitamin C; 9 grams of fiber; 12 grams of protein

No comments:

Post a Comment